Availability reports not respecting time period

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
nocturnal

Availability reports not respecting time period

Post by nocturnal »

When generating a report from 2013-10-01 to 2013-12-31 for a servicegroup that I created for these reports, and selecting a custom time period for Monday - Friday 07:00 - 18:00 (workhours), Nagios says it's calculating 92 days and 1 hour.

I'm trying to understand how the reports work because yes there are 92 days between 2013-10-01 and 2013-12-31 but there are not 92 working days with that timeperiod (Monday - Friday, 07:00 - 18:00).

So which is correct? Do the availability reports ignore the timeperiod?

I would like to extract a report that honors the timeperiod I select. That is my goal.
slansing

Re: Availability reports not respecting time period

Post by slansing »

Yes I believe they would ignore the timeperiod you have set up at the object level, if you are not receiving information outside of those days then you should still receive the correct data from the report. Unfortunately you would probably have to sculpt separate reports around those days, for instance, one report from the first monday-friday of the month, then another report for the next monday-friday, and so on.