Fusion Install Question

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
afitch

Fusion Install Question

Post by afitch »

I have 3 NagiosXi servers monitoring 3 different sets of servers. I installed Fusion on the first NagiosXi box and it sees the 2nd and 3rd server just fine, but can't see itself (server 1). The credentials are "OK". Should I have installed Fusion on a clean install with no previous host and service checks? Thank you.
rdedon

Re: Fusion Install Question

Post by rdedon »

Hello,
by default it would not see itself as it could be problematic reporting if it were having major issues (say it crashed, how would it function?). If you did install it on top you should be able to set up a local host, or, you can have an additional box monitoring as a redundancy as well.

Hopefully this helps! If not, just add more to this thread :-)
Rene deDon
Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
Web: http://www.nagios.com
afitch

Post by afitch »

I've been doing a ton of work on Nagios recently. I split 2/3 of my hosts (test, dev and qa) on to another instance of nagiosxi. The good news is that sometimes it will display results from the #1 box. The bad news is that it still times out most of the time displaying the tactical overview. Is there a parameter somewhere in fusion to increase the timeout? It's not the credentials because they check out ok.

One other question, how do you move the info around in the tac display? I was hoping to drag them around to get them in numerical order.

Here is my setup, I wasn't clear before in my description.

su-fusionpr01 - One and only fusion box monitoring 4 Xi boxes

su-nagiosxipr01 - 140 hosts, 1035 services

su-nagiosxipr02 - 106 hosts, 310 services

su-nagiosxipr03 - 50 hosts, 150 services

su-nagiosxiqa01 - test, dev and qa hosts from 01. Turned off.
rdedon

Post by rdedon »

We are working on this bug at the moment is we have seen it has been related to high CPU loads and plan on having this fixed with our next release.
Rene deDon
Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
Web: http://www.nagios.com
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Being able to shuffle the overviews around isn't a feature that's currently available on the tactical overview, although that's a good idea that we will look into adding. However, you can create a new dashboard, add your servers, and then shuffle them into whatever order suits you.