Nagios BPI (Businnes Process Inteligence) possible bug

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jbfuzier

Nagios BPI (Businnes Process Inteligence) possible bug

Post by jbfuzier »

Hi,

I think I might have found a bug in the Nagios Business Process Intelligence addon...

Basically, I have a top level service called LISA, with several dependencies, one of them is HORO (Non essential!).

Inside HORO there are also several services, one of them is ESX4i5 health and it is again not essential; as you can see if an essential component of ESX4i5 goes critical, ESX4i5 goes critical too (which is ok); then you can see that HORO goes inti the warning state because ESX4i5 is not esssential ant the Warning threshold is 1 (critical threshold is 0), which again is ok.

But then the top level service Lisa goes critical for no reason as HORO is not an essential service and the critical threshold for LISA is 0 (= no check)! LISA should be in a warning state because of the Warning threshold, right?

Thanks for your help,

Regards
Attachments
bpi.PNG
jbfuzier

Re: Nagios BPI (Businnes Process Inteligence) possible bug

Post by jbfuzier »

I got an answer from Mike Guthrie :
Hey Jean,

Yes, you are correct. The top level group should be at a 'warning'
state instead of critical. I'll put it on my TODO list for the next update of Nagios BPI. Thanks for the heads up!
So problem solved!
rdedon

Re: Nagios BPI (Businnes Process Inteligence) possible bug

Post by rdedon »

Thanks for sharing this and please feel free to contact us again if you have any questions or issues we may assist you with. :-)
Rene deDon
Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
Web: http://www.nagios.com