Not sure where to put this

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
johjd94651

Not sure where to put this

Post by johjd94651 »

I've only spent a couple months playing around with NAGIOSXI but it has become clear that my least favorite part is the interface itself. My blood pressure goes through the roof every time I submit a form for fear that there will be one tiny syntax error, empty input box, or illegal character that will flush my last half hours work.

Consider this a bug report or feature request for subsequent editions. Please fix the webforms so that they remember the data entered rather than reloading a blank form each time. It really sucks to have to start over again and again.
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Not sure where to put this

Post by abrist »

On what part of the interface were you experiencing this issue? The wizards should retain the form data through next and back actions. The ccm should retain any settings input, evn if they are wrong - as bad configs will just kick out a warning on apply config so that you are aware of it and can fix it.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
johjd94651

Post by johjd94651 »

Is there a browser compatibility issue with Firefox on OSX? I have had this happen both flushing out an auto discovery list. This morning I was filling out a discovery of 50 HVAC/Fire alarm control devices. The interface decided it did not like my syntax on three of the names, think it was the comma. I got back a snappy error and a completely blank form. Had to start over configuring the monitor for all 50 devices.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Several years ago I had the same complaint on some web forums, also with Firefox. I would have a post written out, accidentally hit the back button on my mouse, and when I went back my post was gone. Considering we haven't had any other complaints nor experienced this ourselves, my bet is on your Firefox version.
Former Nagios employee
johjd94651

Post by johjd94651 »

what's your recommended browser?
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Well, we use a mix of Firefox and Chrome here at work, and XI works with Internet Explorer as well. Honestly haven't done anything with Safari or Opera yet. What version of FF are you running?
Former Nagios employee
johjd94651

Post by johjd94651 »

24.4.0 ESR
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Couldn't really find any relevant reports of similar behavior on Google. Have you tried with other browsers?
Former Nagios employee