Added ability to authenticate to CGIs using contactgroup nam

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mkhodave

Added ability to authenticate to CGIs using contactgroup nam

Post by mkhodave »

How to use following Nagios feature mentioned in version log 3.3.1

#Added ability to authenticate to CGIs using contactgroup name

I am using very latest Nagios version 3.5.1 on my test machine.

I have test a lot , but can not find its solution

I have added one host , contact & contact group , assigned contact group to that host & created one user same as contactgroup & tried to login , Login is successful but that user can not able to see that host & its services.

Please help me if anyone having any idea.

Thanks
Madhukar

Mod Note: Moved to General Core Support Forums
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Added ability to authenticate to CGIs using contactgroup

Post by sreinhardt »

I was able to create a new contact group and contact(named the same thing cg-test), add this contact to the group, then only add the contact group, to an existing host. I then logged in as this new contact, that had no rights and was attached directly to no hosts or services, only the contact group. I was successfully able to view the host, but not the services.

I then removed the contact from the group, and removed the contact entirely. Refreshed the page, and validated, that I had the same functionality of neither hosts nor services showing. Which is the same as you.

However I believe the changelog is really referring to the first case where the contact group has a contact, and that is really what you are authenticating as via proxy with the contact group. I will have to speak with the devs if this is actually intended or not.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
mkhodave

Post by mkhodave »

Any update ?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

I have not had a chance to speak with that particular developer. Could you confirm if this is the behavior you are expecting to see or not?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
mkhodave

Post by mkhodave »

I need contactgroup name can login on nagios web interface & see only hosts & services which they are added for notification.

Thanks
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

Are you using the correct authorized_contactgroup_for_* directives in cgi.cfg? Or are you just adding the contactgroups to the standard authorized_for_* directives?

Code: Select all

authorized_contactgroup_for_all_hosts=
authorized_contactgroup_for_all_services=
authorized_contactgroup_for_system_information=
authorized_contactgroup_for_configuration_information=
authorized_contactgroup_for_all_host_commands=
authorized_contactgroup_for_all_service_commands=
authorized_contactgroup_for_system_commands=
authorized_contactgroup_for_read_only=
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
mkhodave

Post by mkhodave »

i was using standard authorized_for_* directives, I will test authorized_contactgroup_for_* directives in cgi.cfg in my nagios & let you know.
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

No problem. I don't think these new options are really documented yet. I will open up a bug report for them:
http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=607
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.