Tunnel-3307 (check_service)

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
gordy0072

Tunnel-3307 (check_service)

Post by gordy0072 »

nagiosSS1.docx
screenshot
(280.24 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Hey Guys,
Forgive me for being a newbie but I have a particular unique question. We have Nagios monitoring a remote server and the 'ssh' and 'port 4055' checks are working. We are also running an SSH tunnel called 3307 as a separate check, which on the Nagios server is giving a 'CRITICAL - ' error. Originally it had said that the connection was refused when I had the remote nrpe.cfg IP set to the WAN IP. Now it gives the new error 'CRITICAL - ' with no description when I used the LAN IP instead. Since the remote router does the NAT and port forwarding, I'm pretty sure it is the LAN IP that I need to be using for the nrpe.cfg file. I have attached a screenshot. Now the tunnel-3307 command is run under the 'check_service' script as follows:

define service{
use local-service
host_name elly
service_description Tunnel 3307
check_command check_nrpe_1arg!check_tseven
notifications_enabled 1
}

On elly:

command[check_tseven]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_service -s tunnel-3307

This configuration works on all other servers (all local, not remote). I honestly do not know where I am making the mistake.

Thank you for any help.
Christian, Florida Geosonics Shop
slansing

Re: Tunnel-3307 (check_service)

Post by slansing »

Can you attach a copy of "check_service" which I assume is your VPN check? Are you able to VPN in from the system you are checking via NRPE? Looks like this is your setup correct?:

Nagios ----> (runs check_nrpe to your NRPE server) NRPE Server ---- (VNP's via the plugin to your server that is on the VPN accessed network ---> VPN Networked system.