Reset service notification status to configuration defaults?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
lemonflash

Reset service notification status to configuration defaults?

Post by lemonflash »

Running Nagios® Core™ 3.4.1 on RHEL5.

I have a number of hostgroups in my Nagios configuration that at some point, had notification for all their services disabled via the Nagios interface ("Disable notifications for all services in this hostgroup").

I have the configuration files set up so that some services on each host are enabled and other services disabled. I could go into the interface and "Enable notifications for all services in this hostgroup", but this would override my preferences set in the Nagios configuration files.

Is there a way to clear the notification preferences set by the web interface and reset the notifications back to what is set in the configuration files? (I'm hoping this can be done by removing a file and allowing Nagios to re-read the configuration file preferences.)

Thanks for your help.
tmcdonald

Re: Reset service notification status to configuration defau

Post by tmcdonald »

You might be able to remove your .../nagios/var/retention.dat file and restart Nagios.
Former Nagios employee