Restoring XI system from backup

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
highness

Re: Restoring XI system from backup

Post by highness »

Or do I need to open a service ticket?
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@highness, Is the second XI server hosted on a standalone physical server? Or on a standalone VM?
I would like to see the same configs but from the second XI:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/config.inc.php
/var/www/html/nagiosql/config/settings.php
/usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg
Perhaps you did a backup-restore from a wrong server?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
highness

Post by highness »

npolovenko wrote:@highness, Is the second XI server hosted on a standalone physical server? Or on a standalone VM?
I would like to see the same configs but from the second XI:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/config.inc.php
/var/www/html/nagiosql/config/settings.php
/usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg
Perhaps you did a backup-restore from a wrong server?
The second server is a VM in a completely different physical location (we're trying to stand up a secondary server for DR testing). We restored the secondary server from backups from our main XI server.

Files sent via PM.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

highness wrote:Ok - that worked - I can now log into the new box - the second biggest issue is that the secondary box appears to be displaying data from the original (primary) box.
highness wrote: The second server is a VM in a completely different physical location (we're trying to stand up a secondary server for DR testing). We restored the secondary server from backups from our main XI server.
If you restored the secondary from a backup of your main XI server, it should have all the exact same information.

The backup will contain all the hosts/services etc. exactly like the server that was backed up.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com