Fresh install

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
bosecorp

Re: Fresh install

Post by bosecorp »

Regarding the error

2017-06-11 18:53:23 [29545] [1] Cant find Nagios Environment. Exiting ....

look like that error is from yesterday.

I have made the time zone changes. I am not seeing the warning anymore

I also changed the setting to 0

lastly I am not using nagiosramdisk, and I dont think I need that because is a very small nagios instance. where in the config are you seeing that?
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

I saw that the system does have a ramdisk mounted on the system.
Some of the settings on the system are using the ramdisk so if you do not want to use it, edit the commands by following this process

Login to Nagios XI and navigate to Configure > Core Config Manager > Commands > _Commands menu.
In the search field type file-bulk and press Enter.
The screen will update with the two commands process-host-perfdata-file-bulk and processservice- perfdata-file-bulk.
Both of these commands need to be updated with the non-ramdisk directory locations.
This command

Code: Select all

process-host-perfdata-file-bulk
needs to be changed to

command_line                             /bin/mv /usr/local/nagios/var/host-perfdata /usr/local/nagios/var/spool/xidpe/$TIMET$.perfdata.host
and
This command

process-service-perfdata-file-bulk
needs to be changed to

command_line                             /bin/mv /usr/local/nagios/var/service-perfdata /usr/local/nagios/var/spool/xidpe/$TIMET$.perfdata.service
Save the commands and apply the config. That should fix the performance graphs for you.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
bosecorp

Post by bosecorp »

Thanks a lot. I think I know what probably happened. Although this is a fresh install I did imported the .cfg files from another instance including the commands.cfg. the the instance that I imported the configs from we are using ramdisk.

I soon I changed I was able to see the performance data.

Thanks a lot.

we can close this ticket now