Host still showing up under service status

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
lntyee

Host still showing up under service status

Post by lntyee »

Hi -

I've deleted a host and all of its attached services, but it still shows up under the service status area (and host status, etc..) on the "views" tab along with a bunch of "problems" since Nagios can't see the machine anymore since it's been turned off. If you do a search in the configure area the host doesn't show up, so I'm not sure why the host still even shows up in the service status area. I looked in the forums and saw to check where the .cfg files are under the /etc directory and it's not listed there either. Is there somewhere else I can look or some other way of removing this host so it no longer shows up in the service status area? Hopefully this makes sense and someone can help me out. Thanks.
mmestnik

Re: Host still showing up under service status

Post by mmestnik »

http://go.nagios.com/faq#Core_Config_Manager_Problems
http://support.nagios.com/wiki/index.ph ... r_Problems

You may also be experiancing a problem where you have more then only copy of Nagios running. We need more information regarding this issue, please make core dumps(gcore, part of gdb) and submit them with a copy of your nagios executable.

The core files will contain sensetive information so arange for them to be sent privatly.
lntyee

Post by lntyee »

Ok. Thanks. I'll try the first two links and let you know if we need to go from there.
lntyee

Post by lntyee »

So I looked at both of these links and can't figure out how they are supposed to help me. The third option you mentioned to do a core dump I will need to be specifically walked through as I am not a linux person, so I don't know the commands. Please let me know what needs to be done and where to send the results.

Thanks.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

You most likely have multiple instances of Nagios running on your machine. From the command line, type:

killall nagios
service nagios start

If that doesn't work, try restarting your Nagios XI machine.
lntyee

Post by lntyee »

Thanks - did both, still have the problem.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

If those didn't work then the next step would be to try these solutions:

Verify that the "Apply Configuration" has gone through successfully since making the changes in the CCM. Changes in the CCM are updated in the database, but they do not take affect anywhere until that information is written to the config text files.

If the configuration has gone through without any errors and you're still seeing the host, the use the "Write Configuration" tool in the CCM to manually write the new data to the config files, and then restart nagios.

If that doesn't work, can you send us the zip file of your latest configuration snapshot. (The zip file, not the text output).
lntyee

Post by lntyee »

I will need to send the zip file - to support@nagios.com or is there another address? Thanks.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

If you have email support included in your contract, you can send it to xisupport@nagios.com. Otherwise you can private message it to me.

What were the results of the Write Configuration Tool? The more detail you can give me on that the better.
lntyee

Post by lntyee »

Ok - I just sent this off to the support email. Everything said it completed successfully - I didn't get any errors when I ran the tools.

Thanks.