Service Status Summary - Results display issue

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
r.jaynes

Re: Service Status Summary - Results display issue

Post by r.jaynes »

mguthrie: No problem at all. I'll start from scratch and explain step by step.

1) Click the "Home" link
2) Click "Sevice Detail" on the left side menu
3) I immediately see "Showing 1-100 of 162 total records" and then "No matching services found" under the columns.
4) If I click the number (153 in my case) under "Ok", I see "Showing 1-100 of 153 total records", followed by "Filters: Service=Ok (Grey X Here)", and then the information is being displayed for all hosts and services as it should be
5) Click the grey X, it goes back to "Showing 1-100 of 162 total records" with no matching services found.
6) Click the number 2 under "Warning" and I see "Showing 1-2 of 2 total records", followed by "Filters: Service=Warning (Grey X)" and then "No matching services found"

I hope this helps.
r.jaynes

Post by r.jaynes »

mguthrie wrote:Ok, so I'm not sure what I did, but I am seeing the same issue on my demo machine now. Still haven't identified the cause, but we're try and get this figured out ASAP.
Ok! This proves i'm not crazy, right? Thank you guys for your help on this.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Not sure if it's the same problem, but try this. Go to your Admin page, and under the "XI System Components" dashlet, check and see if the Monitoring Engine is showing a red indicator. If it is, choose the start action and see if that fixes the problem.
r.jaynes

Post by r.jaynes »

mguthrie wrote:Not sure if it's the same problem, but try this. Go to your Admin page, and under the "XI System Components" dashlet, check and see if the Monitoring Engine is showing a red indicator. If it is, choose the start action and see if that fixes the problem.
It was already running, but I just now restarted the process. No changes to previous problem.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Hmm, guess I'm not lucky enough to have the solution be that simple. I had the same issue briefly, but it was because my nagios monitoring engine was off. Well if you'll bear with us, we'll see if we can get this narrowed down a bit.

Can you verify that your URLS from the "Host Summary Table" using the "All" option reads like the following. (Use the "Copy link location", I want to verify that the correct URL arguments are being passed):
[url]http://<address>/nagiosxi/includes/components/xicore/status.php?&show=services&servicestatustypes=0[/url]

And "Service Summary Table":
http://<address>/nagiosxi/includes/components/xicore/status.php?&show=services&hoststatustypes=0

Are the permissions of all of the files under your /usr/local/nagios/etc reading as "apache nagios"?
If not, we have a script in /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/reset_config_perms that should reset the permissions correctly.

I'm assuming all of your hosts and services are showing up in the Core Config Manager ok?

If you access Nagios core from your browser http://<address>/nagios/, are you getting the service tables correctly, or is it giving an error message:
Error: Could not read host and service status information!
r.jaynes

Post by r.jaynes »

URL from the Host Summary table under "All":
http://<ourdomain>/nagiosxi/includes/components/xicore/status.php?&show=hosts&servicestatustypes=0

URL from Service Summary table under "All":
http://<ourdomain>/nagiosxi/includes/components/xicore/status.php?&show=services&hoststatustypes=0

All permissions are set to apache:nagios in /usr/local/nagios/etc. I ran "reset_config_perms", then did a "killall nagios", and then restarted the monitoring engine. Same problem.

Visiting the nagios core address, I can see the service table just fine. When I click "Warning" under "Service Status Totals", I can see the two correct items that are in warning status. Double checking the links under Service Status Totals, everything appears to be working fine actually.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

So the monitoring engine is running and working correctly....can you try resetting your security credentials for all backend components and sub-components?
r.jaynes

Post by r.jaynes »

mguthrie wrote:So the monitoring engine is running and working correctly....can you try resetting your security credentials for all backend components and sub-components?
Is this done with the "fixperms.sh" script found in /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

My apologies, go to Admin->Reset Security Credentials and reset the credentials for each of the fields. The only one you'll need to remember is the Core Config Password.
r.jaynes

Post by r.jaynes »

mguthrie wrote:My apologies, go to Admin->Reset Security Credentials and reset the credentials for each of the fields. The only one you'll need to remember is the Core Config Password.
No problem. I've done as you requested. Same issue. Next I restarted the Monitoring Engine (just for giggles) and tried again. Same problem.