"Scan Network" Feature in Nagios XI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
cfigueroa

"Scan Network" Feature in Nagios XI

Post by cfigueroa »

Hello,

Have I to setup every network device in Nagios Core Monitoring in order to see them into my Network Map? :|
I have seen in other network monitoring software that there is the option "Scan Network" in order to all reachable network devices appears automatically and they are recognized and seen in the Network Map! ;)

Thank you
Carlos
admin
Site Admin

Re: "Scan Network" Feature in Nagios XI

Post by admin »

We're working on an auto-discovery component to Nagios XI that will make this type of quick scan easy to do. The auto-discovery addon is scheduled for inclusion in Nagios XI 2011. You can see details on what's planned to be included in the new version at:

http://www.nagios.com/products/nagiosxi/roadmap
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
cfigueroa

Post by cfigueroa »

Thanks, so actually in Nagios XI I have to setup every network device manually, right?
This issue is very important for us since currently we want to monitoring aprox 5000 devices and we think that the manually configuration become a hard task!!
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Nagios XI does utilize configuration wizards to speed up the process a great deal. However, until auto-discovery is officially released in XI, you'd still have to set up your hosts and services manually through the web interface.