Problem with Event Data

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
hansdampf

Problem with Event Data

Post by hansdampf »

Hello...

maybe I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

I am using nagios xi for evaluating a new monitoring system for our company. All is working fine except one "question mark" on the "XI System Component Status" view.

The entry "Event Data" got a question mark beside it and when you hover the mouse over the icon it says: "Last EventData Transfers was 1h 0m 44s ago".

What does this mean?

Bye

Nils
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Event Data

Post by admin »

That is an indication that Nagios XI is not currently seeing monitoring/status data being sent from Nagios Core (the monitoring engine) to NDOUtils (one of the database backends).

If things are off by an hour constantly, it could be that apache/mysql thinks the time is different than Nagios Core. This could have happened after the recent DST time switch. To attempt to fix this, do the following:

1. Stop NDO2DB, Nagios Core, and Apache:

/etc/init.d/nagios stop
/etc/init.d/ndo2db stop
/etc/init.d/httpd stop

2. Verify the system time:

date

3. Start the services back up:

/etc/init.d/httpd start
/etc/init.d/ndo2db start
/etc/init.d/nagios start
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
hansdampf

Post by hansdampf »

Thank you for the quick response!

No success. But I´ve recently changed the timezone for the server to Europe/Berlin. Could it be possible, that Apache and ndo are running with a different time? There is still a one-hour-delay.

I´ve set the timezone under etc/sysconfig/clock:

ZONE="Europe/Berlin"
UTC=false
ARC=false

And I´ve made a symbolic link usr/share/timzones.../Europe/Berlin/ ---> etc/localtime

My date is correct:

Thu Nov 18 15:28:20 CET 2010

Any further help?
hansdampf

Post by hansdampf »

Got it!

I found out, that the TZ-Variable must also be set before the mysqld starts. How can I set this variable permanent?

Bye

Nils
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

You may want to check the timezone in the php.ini file as well to make sure it's set correctly. Not sure of that's related to your issue or not.