nagiosXI and Auth intergration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
masmith

nagiosXI and Auth intergration

Post by masmith »

OK,

I have NNA up and running and 2 sflow soruces sending data.

Here are my first questions. Fuigureed I would start here befor digging in to deep.

NagisoXi intergrations..... i added a quick componet to link them together. So thats the first question.... XI intergration.

What are the plans for intergations with XI and Fusion?
What are the plans for Authentitation?
Can We disable Authentication and use the XI frontend are the Authentication?
Can we intergrated it with AD ?

The next question is about sources

With nfsen i was able to create sources just based on the port with out having an IP. This is usefull in cases where you have failover devices. Such as in my case with the F5's I have a Hot Standby both have differnt managment IP but I have them both sending the sflow data ot the same port so when they fail over it still show the data coming from the F5. If the IP address just a index or is it used to filter the data?

Thanks
Marc
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: nagiosXI and Auth intergration

Post by abrist »

masmith wrote:What are the plans for intergations with XI and Fusion?
Currently, NNA can send passive results to XI. There has been some work to further integrate the two. I don't think NNA and fusion integration is on the roadmap the integration will be handled on the XI level instead.
masmith wrote:What are the plans for Authentitation?
What type of authentication are you looking for?
masmith wrote:Can We disable Authentication and use the XI frontend are the Authentication?
Maybe? The XI auth is still based on the cgi.cfg auth / basic auth. So using the same htpasswd setup is possible. . .
masmith wrote:Can we intergrated it with AD ?
Probably not yet. Submit a feature request at: http://tracker.nagios.com
masmith wrote: If the IP address just a index or is it used to filter the data?
It actually doesn't do anything now. It is required because there are some planned upgrades that need specific host identifiers. But as for now,the ip field does nothing, and only the port and flow type matter.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.