NNA beta issue with Nagios XI page fixed?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
snapon_admin

NNA beta issue with Nagios XI page fixed?

Post by snapon_admin »

I tried NNA when it was in Beta (is it still in beta?) and there was an issue where our Nagios XI page, nagios.snapon.com/nagiosxi was not working and nagios.snapon.com wouuld no longer auto re-direct to the nagios xi page. We tried a bunch of things to fix it and, in the end, the only thing that worked was removing the beta of NNA.

Two questions:
Is Network Analyzer still in beta? It didn't have a page on the products page of the website, nor a support forum the last time we were using it, so this leads me to believe it is no longer a beta product, but I didn't see an announcement about it so I just want to clarify.

Is the issue with the redirect fixed, or is there a procedure to correct the issue if it occurs again?
slansing

Re: NNA beta issue with Nagios XI page fixed?

Post by slansing »

NNA Has been released and is much different than the original beta. Also, we recommend you never install our products on systems where you have already installed a nagios product. You can check out the new NNA here:

http://www.nagios.com/products/nagios-network-analyzer
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

Ok, well that's good to hear. We have NagiosXI running on a VM running CentOS. So you would recommend we run NNA on a separate VM/server? I know XI integration was one of the things discussed as a possibility back in beta. Is that feature available in the release version?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

You've got it right, a second vm would be ideal. Just to clarify, you can install on the same server, its just not suggested. There is a XI component\dashlet and it does integrate with NNA.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

Perfect. Thanks, that's all I needed to know.
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

Actually, just for the sake of curiosity, what are the ramifications of installing NNA on the same VM as XI? What kind of issues would we run into and why is it not recommended? Just so I can have some more info to present to the man upstairs when I propose implementing this. : p
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

We just don't suggest it to make sure that there are not dependency issues. Personally I have not had issues testing these two together. However nna does use a different php modules for apache that might conflict with xi. The other main concern is with cpu and ram usage. If you have plenty left over in the system it should be fine mostly, but i certainly cannot guarantee it.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
snapon_admin

Post by snapon_admin »

Good enough for me. thanks for the info!
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Alright, looks like everything is cleared up. Locking topic.
Former Nagios employee