Notification IF/THEN logic

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
vhoover

Notification IF/THEN logic

Post by vhoover »

I have users that would like, and I agree, to have a method of notification based off the options you tell NagiosXI. For example my users want to be notified via text for criticals and recoveries, and via email regardless of the state of a host/service check. I hope this can be implemented in future releases.
slansing

Re: Notification IF/THEN logic

Post by slansing »

This can be done by using separate contacts for each type of notification, or contact groups. However there is currently now way to split a contact and choose which notification command to use on their level, would you be able to submit this to:

tracker.nagios.com

as a feature request?
vhoover

Post by vhoover »

What do you mean split a contact? are you talking about breaking the relationship between the contact and the user?
slansing

Post by slansing »

What I mean by that is taking a single contact definition and then essentially assigning two separate rules for when what what to notify on. You "CAN" assign multiple notification handles, one for email, another for sms, etc.. however you cannot choose which one to use in which case.. You can't say send a text if this service goes critical but if it goes warning only send an email.
vhoover

Post by vhoover »

That is what I thought, thanks though
request has been submitted with tracker.nagios.com
vhoover

Post by vhoover »

This can be closed, this was fixed with release 2014r1.5. The feature added was what I was looking for.
slansing

Post by slansing »

Sounds good, locking it up.