Service Status

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
joaoheliogiordan

Service Status

Post by joaoheliogiordan »

Hello Guys,

I have installed nagios monitoring some services, every time the service status display the following message:

"CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake."

To solve this error I need to restart npre service, but after while time the error returns.

May you help me with that?

Tks
Joao
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Service Status

Post by abrist »

Is the machine you are monitoring going to sleep/restarting?
Check the remote system's logs around the time the alerts start in nagios for any possible clues as to what is causing the agent daemon to stop responding.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
joaoheliogiordan

Post by joaoheliogiordan »

abrist wrote:Is the machine you are monitoring going to sleep/restarting?
Check the remote system's logs around the time the alerts start in nagios for any possible clues as to what is causing the agent daemon to stop responding.
Hello Abrist,

Thank you for reply,

Our machines never going to sleep or restarting, seens that my hosts are losing the conection with the nagios server.
In nagios logs I get these erros:

CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.
Connection refused by host

Thank you for help.

Joao
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Is this happening at regular intervals, are you seeing the connection being logged on the remote machine running the nrpe agents?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.