Hostgroup and multiple tenants

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ldardini

Hostgroup and multiple tenants

Post by ldardini »

Hello,
I am using contacts to offer to my departments different view of the Nagios system with only the servers they are interested in. I start migrating from a complete flat configurations to use hostgroups. For example, I defined a series of services to monitor MySQL servers and at each one I assigned the hostgroup "mysql-servers". In this way, if I want to have a server mysql monitored, I just add the server to the hostgroup "mysql-servers". All is working, except any user can see the list of all hosts belonging to the hostgroup mysql-server, regardless the user they have defined in the Contact, in the "Host Groups" view. They see just the name, if they try to click on it, an empty page is returned. Where is my mistake?

define hostgroup {
hostgroup_name mysql-servers
}

define service{
use generic-service ; Name of service template to use
hostgroup_name mysql-servers
service_description Mysql Queries
check_command check_nrpe_1arg!check_mysql_queries
}

Leandro
tmcdonald

Re: Hostgroup and multiple tenants

Post by tmcdonald »

According to this recent thread:
slansing wrote:Currently, if you assign those user's contact's to a host and that host is in a hostgroup they will be able to see the other hosts in that group. One thing you could do is to create a separate hostgroup for those users so they only see hosts relevant to them.
Former Nagios employee