Event Logs

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
cesar.garza

Event Logs

Post by cesar.garza »

hey guys i need a help to determine the logs for particular host/service that what time nagios hit the host/service to monitor them "is it up or down". I have checked my template and set up normal_check_interval 10 but not able to see in the logs with the time that what time nagios check the service/host. Is there anyway to figure out this ??
Thanks
tmcdonald

Re: Event Logs

Post by tmcdonald »

In your nagios.cfg, you can change "debug_level" to 16 to log host/service checks to your .../nagios/var/nagios.debug log file.

https://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-use ... 34159.html

IMPORTANT: This will generate a LOT of disk I/O so you might want to consider that.
Former Nagios employee
cesar.garza

Post by cesar.garza »

awesome thanks...
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

You're welcome, let us know if you need anything else.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
cesar.garza

Post by cesar.garza »

I changed the configuration from 0 to 16, but not able to snatch the data for specify host/service checks. I am looking for a report for host/service checks so i know how many times nagios hit the host server. is there any way from nagios UI ??
thanks
slansing

Post by slansing »

For a specific host? No, I don't think you can in Nagios Core. You can use the Event Log report to see check information that is returned, and you can use the Performance Information page to see the amount of checks going out, but not to specific objects.
cesar.garza

Post by cesar.garza »

Yes specific host...
so how can i determine that my host servers are not over load by hit from nagios ? I have setup normal_check_interval = 10 that nagios check all hosts/services by 10 minutes gap.
slansing

Post by slansing »

I think you are asking two different things here, for your last post, you can just check your hosts to see what their current CPU, MEM, etc usage is. Extrapolating on if an increase of usage is caused by Nagios checks is not something that is built into Nagios, and is really a non issue. You would need to make heavy use of custom scripts, and a combination of other tools that would allow you to analyze this.