Uptime snmpget error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rlevick

Uptime snmpget error

Post by rlevick »

I finally got the new Nagios server online. I'm migrating from a Nagios Core 3.3.1 installation to a Core 4.02 with the new plugins on CentOS 6.5. I transferred the .cfg files, and 19 commands to /usr/local/nagios/libexec, from the old server to the new one. I made changes to the nagios.cfg and most of the commands are working. Uptime is not working. When I run the command with putty I get an error. I didn't have snmpget in /usr/bin so I moved it from the old server to the new. Do I need to install a package?

# /usr/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 5 -m ALL -v 1 [authpriv] 10.254.1.1:161 sysUpTimeInstance
/usr/bin/snmpget: error while loading shared libraries: libnetsnmp.so.25: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Update: I looked on both servers. The new server has libnet.so.20 not 25. Is there a file I can edit or a new version of a file to install?
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Uptime snmpget error

Post by abrist »

You will need to try to reinstall snmpget as it is linked to the wrong library.

Code: Select all

yum install net-snmp-utils net-snmp-libs
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
rlevick

Re: Uptime snmpget error

Post by rlevick »

Thanks you abrist! I was looking for that package and the installation command, hoping that would do it. I ran it and it resolved the issue. Just a few more checks to go.