Nagios Aviability Report not properly Working.

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
debashmit

Nagios Aviability Report not properly Working.

Post by debashmit »

Hi ,
There is some issue in my Nagios core 3. My Avilabilty report not come properly.suppose my host is down at 10.00 am avialbilty report will come at 10.20 am it show the host is down at 10.20am.But actualy my host is down at 10.00 am.pls give my suggetion where is the problem.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Nagios Aviability Report not properly Working.

Post by sreinhardt »

Did your hosts state actually change within nagios at 10 or was that when you actually powered it off? Availability reporting by default only calculates on hard state changes. So if nagios had not gone through all host\service check retries right at 10 you would see some delay in the change, this is to be expected due to how active monitoring is scheduled.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
debashmit

Post by debashmit »

Thanks sreinhardt for ur reply.
Now it works by changing value 5 at max_check_attempts in host template.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Ahh yes, with a higher retry value or any other sort of delay it could make hosts appear to be down later. Closing thread now.
Former Nagios employee