How to Make Report(s) viewable to all users on network

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
shane.davis

How to Make Report(s) viewable to all users on network

Post by shane.davis »

We are wanting to make some of the reports such as the hostgroup availability report accessible to our network users so they can see the uptime of our servers. how is this done? We do not want the network users to have any access other than to pull the reports we want then to gain access to. Can we give them access to just pull selected reports? Can we have these reports scheduled to run possibly hourly and use the content to update a web page our users can see?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: How to Make Report(s) viewable to all users on network

Post by sreinhardt »

Nagios permissions dictate that a user can only pull information on devices that they are a contact for, or are part of a contact group for. Thus these devices would show on other screens such as service detail pages as well. Alternatively, you could create a secondary contact just for this purpose and allow them to login and create reports. By adding the second user as readonly they would not be able to modify or acknowledge any alerts within the interface either, just pull reports.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.