EMC monitoring using check_emc_clariion.pl

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
lannister

EMC monitoring using check_emc_clariion.pl

Post by lannister »

Extracted reports using the mentioned plugin, though in the reports the used space shows full although it is not .
Please help to configure the same inorder to get used space , total space and free space.

- Thanks
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: EMC monitoring using check_emc_clariion.pl

Post by sreinhardt »

The reporting functionality, can only create reports based off the information polled via the plugin. Could you show your service and command definitions, as well as some example output from when the check is run?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
lannister

Post by lannister »

Hi ,

Thank you for revrting.

Check_emc_clariion
COMMAND: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_emc_clariion.pl -H \$HOSTADDRESS\$ -u nagios -p password -t lun --lun_id 407 --crit 80
OUTPUT:
Could not connect to the specified host $

This is just one of the output trying to find the free space in LUN.

This is a similar output it gives for all luns and raid groups.

- Lannister
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

It seems that you are using the test command button there, potentially with out entering an address into the popup? What are the results from running your command via the cli or when it is executed from nagios?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
lannister

Post by lannister »

Hi ,

The graph attached is the general output in Nagios, it gives similar output for all the luns and raid groups also.
Whereas $hostaddress takes the address and yet it gives the same out put.

Even on the nagios its not giving the output.
Whereas on the graphs it gives the same output as attached earlier.

- Lannister
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Again, we really need to see what commands you are running and how they are returning. The information you are providing is not detailed enough to help you in any real meaningful way.
lannister

Post by lannister »

Ohh Im sorry for that ,But im not running any command im using the plugin check_emc_clariion.
If possible Can you please help me how can i get the exact command from the plugin check_emc_clariion.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

You should be able to find it in the Core Config Manager. Just search for the service name and click it. Then screenshot that first tab for us.

Also, moving this to the Nagios XI forum as this is not a Core issue.
Former Nagios employee
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Try the following:
Establish an SSH session to your Nagios XI host
Type the following command:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_emc_clariion.pl -H emc_address -u nagios -p password -t lun --lun_id 407 --crit 80
Make sure you replace the emc_address and password with the correct values.

What is the output that you receive?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
lannister

Post by lannister »

Hi ,

The output i gt is as follows-:
CRITICAL:Free Space is less than supplied threshold {State:Bound} {ID:407} {Name:DEMO_TEST} {Size:10.00GB} {Free Space:0.00B = 0%} {RAID Group Type:RAID5, SAS} {Percentage Rebuilt:100%}|'Size'=10.00GB;;;; 'Free Space'=0.00B;;;; 'Free Space Percentage'=0%;;80;;

Thanks