configure nagios to send notification on outlook.com

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
hhm

configure nagios to send notification on outlook.com

Post by hhm »

I want to install nagios on ubuntu 14.4 and configure it to receive notification on my outlook .com account. Can this be done? (the purpose of installation is to monitor wireless AP at home) Actually, I tried to install it by running command sudo apt-get install nagios3-core but unfortunately it was unsuccessful.
Selection_029.png
Selection_028.png
Selection_030.png
can anyone help on this??
Last edited by hhm on Sat May 24, 2014 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
tmcdonald

Re: configure nagios to recieve notigication on outlook.com

Post by tmcdonald »

You're trying to *receive* notifications in Nagios? Nagios generally should not receive emails, it should only send them. Are you trying to get it to *send* to an outlook account? If so you may have to use a SMTP relay in order to avoid rejection.
Former Nagios employee
hhm

Post by hhm »

tmcdonald wrote:You're trying to *receive* notifications in Nagios? Nagios generally should not receive emails, it should only send them. Are you trying to get it to *send* to an outlook account? If so you may have to use a SMTP relay in order to avoid rejection.

Thanks alot for fast response,,,

ohhh sorry i mean I want nagios to send notification :oops:
can you explain in detail how to use SMTP relay.
and is it right to chose internet with smart host for mail configuration?
what about system mail name, it should be the email address?

:roll: :roll:
hhm

Post by hhm »

any one could help please?
I'm very new to nagios and I want to install it to work on my project. I have a limited time :cry: