Nagios core mk-livestatus broker_module issue

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jsdurling

Re: Nagios core mk-livestatus broker_module issue

Post by jsdurling »

My apologies for the delayed response.

As of now, nagios 3.3.1 is installed from portage (and working properly). I've installed nagvis/mk-livestatus both from portage and compiled them seperately, w/o any difference. I'd be curious what you find if you are able to test.

Thank you!
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Sounds good, I'll make sure abrist is alerted to the portage installs.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
jsdurling

Post by jsdurling »

sreinhardt wrote:Sounds good, I'll make sure abrist is alerted to the portage installs.

Thank you!
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

hmmm. I just tried this last night on both my test box and my laptop. Both machines, for both stacks (portage and upstream), worked just fine.

Test box: amd64 (stable) (vm)
Laptop: ~amd64 (unstable) (sandy gen3)

mk-livestatus from upstream was a bit of a pita, but it did work. I am becoming stumped quickly. We must be missing something. The ebuilds just work, flat out, and upstream after a bit of fiddling (always the case in gentoo land).

At this point, I am thinking system specific issues:
Do you have any masked packages, conflicts, blocks, etc?
Are you running PaX, hardened, selinux, etc?
Any odd overlays?
Can you post your make.conf, package.use, package.mask, and your world file? (looking for oddities as I am at a loss) (obfuscate as needed). I am going to build your system as close as I can for testing.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
jsdurling

Post by jsdurling »

I do have some stuff masked, for specific reasons, but no dependencies for mk-livestatus that I'm aware of. Odd I know. I'll gather up the information you were asking and get the info posted at my earliest convenience.

Thank you!
slansing

Post by slansing »

Great, let us know...well, more of a let abrist know as he has a gentoo build up for testing this :).