escalations notifications

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
vvz

escalations notifications

Post by vvz »

Hello!

Let's say I have 2 admins - mike & nick

For both of them 2 contacts were created - mike-oncall, nick-oncall ---- members of admins-oncall contactgroup
mike-onreserve, nick-onreserve ----- members of admins-onreserve group
the first phone call goes to admins-oncall group, second according to escalation config file -- admins-onreserve group

In timeperiods.cfg the days (dates) oncall are splitted between mike-oncall and nick-oncall contacts

Now, let's say mike is on his vacations. I shall put 'exclude' directive to timeperiod config files for mike-oncall and it is obvious that nick-oncall will be alarmed, if any reason.

But what will happen with escalation procedure? Shall I make amendments to my escalation config too?

Thank you
slansing

Re: escalations notifications

Post by slansing »

Unfortunately the contact would have to be removed from the escalation when he is not supposed to be notified since escalations over ride all contact rules and only obey the escalation time period. It was set up this way because when it was the other way around people complained about not being able to set time periods for escalations themselves.
vvz

Re: escalations notifications

Post by vvz »

clear enough, thank you for your reply