wproc seems to be choked

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ibrewster

wproc seems to be choked

Post by ibrewster »

I am working on upgrading my monitoring system from OpenBSD 5.4, nagios 3.5.0, to OpenBSD 5.5, nagios 4.0.7. Previously, I had compiled and installed nagios from the OpenBSD ports tree, however this time I am having to compile and install nagios manually, since the version in ports (4.0.1) is broken (it doesn't set environment variables correctly). I have been able to get nagios built and installed properly, and moved my config across, but while nagios starts, the nagios.log is filled with entries like the following:

Code: Select all

[1406055886] Unable to run check for service 'Latency and Loss' on host 'eavdz-sw00'
[1406055886] wproc: 'Core Worker 26292' seems to be choked. ret = 4096; bufsize = 6725: errno = 2 (No such file or directory)
Of course it doesn't tell me WHAT file or directory it is looking for - it's quite possible I have a path wrong somewhere, or need to create a folder. In any case, this is all I see in my logs, and from what I can tell no status is ever updated. What did I do wrong, and how can I fix this? Thanks.
ibrewster

Re: wproc seems to be choked

Post by ibrewster »

Quick update: I discovered that running off environment Macros "fixed" the issue. Of course, the ability to HAVE environment macros in the first place is the whole reason I downloaded and compiled the latest version, rather than using the version from the ports tree, so that is not a solution. But maybe it can help point someone who knows more about nagios to a solution?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

This seems to be a bug that is fixed in 4.0.3.

http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=577
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ibrewster

Post by ibrewster »

lmiltchev wrote:This seems to be a bug that is fixed in 4.0.3.

http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=577
Obviously not, since as I clearly stated I am building/running 4.0.7 :)
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

My bad - I thought you were running 4.0.1. I definitely need more coffee... :) We will have to do some more digging into this and see if this is actually fixed.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ibrewster

Post by ibrewster »

lmiltchev wrote:My bad - I thought you were running 4.0.1. I definitely need more coffee... :) We will have to do some more digging into this and see if this is actually fixed.
Yeah, I had mentioned 4.0.1, since that is the (broken) version the OpenBSD ports tree currently. But that was just as my motivation for downloading and compiling 4.0.7 myself :) Thanks for the digging! Let me know if I can provide more information to help. I did note that the error is SLIGHTLY different - mine is saying file not found, whereas the bug report says Resource temporarily unavailable. Other than that though, it does look very similar.
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

You may have a new, though slightly related issue. Can you open up a new bug report and make sure to specify that the wording of the error is different than the bug fixed in 4.0.3
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.