Disk Idle Time

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
JohnFLi

Disk Idle Time

Post by JohnFLi »

After many times of banging my head into the table, I finally figured out how to get check_nt to get perfmon data from Windows.

Code: Select all

./check_nt -H 10.100.5.38 -p 12489 -v COUNTER -l "\\LogicalDisk(C:)\\% Idle Time","%.2f"
and if the server isn't really doing much, the disk will be idle 90+ % of the time. As a result, setting a warning to 80% and criticle to 90% really isn't going to work.

basicly, I need to know when idle time gets below 20%

any ideas?
Everybody is somebody else’s weirdo
JohnFLi

Re: Disk Idle Time

Post by JohnFLi »

hmmm, I may have figured it out. Tell me if this looks valid

check_command                  	web_disk_idle!COUNTER!-l "\\LogicalDisk(C:)\\% Idle Time","%.2f"!-w >20!-c >10
what I think I told it to do was WARN me if idle time gets below 20% and criticle at less than 10%
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Change:

-w >20!-c >10
To:

-w 20!-c 10
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
JohnFLi

Post by JohnFLi »

The problem with that, is that if the drive isn't doing much, it's idle time will be close to 100%
What I need to know is when Disk idle time is below 20%.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

I have not seen or used < or > with warning and threshold limits, normally it is done with : and ~, such as https://nagios-plugins.org/doc/guidelin ... HOLDFORMAT I'd suggest changing the < to : and trying it out. That should give you a less than 20% usage sends an critical notification, type of scenario.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
JohnFLi

Post by JohnFLi »

Box293,
After going over with what you said....
I noticed you had the crit level below the warning.

I did a test with the settings at -w 99!-c 90

I got warnings at 92.21, 97.46 and 92.12
I got a critical at 88.26 and 77.08
and an OK at 99.77

I guess this thread can be closed.