NSClient Update

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
bryceee

NSClient Update

Post by bryceee »

I searched and could not find the answer, so I do appoligise if it has been asked before.

Currently our Windows Servers are using NSClient.exe, when I right click on the exe it's version number is 2.0.1.0.
We have a number of Windows Server 2012 , Windows 2008 and Exchange 2013 Servers that are currently using this client.

Is there an upgrade path upgrading the old NSClient to the newer NSClient++?
If we do use the NSClient ++ will I have to redo all the command checks on the monitoring server and remote hosts?

Thanks
Bryce
Box293
Too Basu

Re: NSClient Update

Post by Box293 »

I know the new version of NSClient++ has a slightly different config file layout.

I suggest you get all your checks working on a test server first so you can bed down your nsclient.ini file. Once you've done that it would probably be easiest to uninstall the old and install the new with your new ini file.

You could ask in the NSClient++ forums.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.