Adding users

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
pgxdbaker

Adding users

Post by pgxdbaker »

I'm having an issue with Nagios Log server not allowing me to add more than 10 users. After the 10th user I get the error "Could not create the user." Has anyone else had this same issue?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Adding users

Post by lmiltchev »

I was able to verify a similar behavior even though not exactly the same. I didn't get the error that you did, but I was not able to view more than 10 users on the "User Management" page (I created 15-20 users). I posted an internal bug report about the issue (TASK ID 4511).
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
myriad

Post by myriad »

I also am having the issue of viewing more than 9 users. however I've added more than that and they appear to work, however if they're not setup as desired there is no way to go back and edit them. This is obviously a bug.
Further,
In Internet Explorer, when you click the home button in the query screen, it will return a 404 error... but not in chrome.
slansing

Post by slansing »

You can edit your users from Administration > User Management. I am unable to reproduce your Home page 404 error on IE 11.0.14.
myriad

Post by myriad »

The home button issue is definitely reproduce able on 11.0.9600.17420, and I only see nine of my 15 or so users in the user management console. - I'm in no way advocating IE just that I was demoing it in IE accidentally and the 404 error happened.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I am not able to reproduce the 404 error, the the "10 users" bug is easily reproducible and has nothing to do with the browser that is being used.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

We have to support IE regardless, so we definitely appreciate the tip! Are you using compatibility mode, or restricting scripts in any special way?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
myriad

Post by myriad »

Perhaps the wrong Home button is being used to try reproducing this bug. These are the steps we're taking:

1. Log in.
2. Go to Dashboards.
3. In the top right, there are some gray buttons beneath the black bar. The first on the far left of those buttons as a small house icon.
4.Click it and the 404 should return.

We've now recreated this issue on two different workstations and the button works as expected in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. The version of IE is 11.0.9600.17420 with update version 11.0.14.

The replies to the only 9 or so users being visible are missing the mark. What we're saying is Nagios Logging Server, regardless of browser, seems to only show part of the total number of users.

For instance, user1 through user15 are registered, working accounts. I log in with user15, who just so happens to have admin priveledges and user15 heads to Administration > User Management and only sees user1 through user9. But user15 is logged in and working. Confused, user15 logs out and back in as user11. It works.
Nagios Support

Post by Nagios Support »

We will do some digging into this and get back to you within the next 24 hours.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
jomann
Development Lead

Post by jomann »

Myriad,

I've fixed both of these bugs in the new 2015R1.2 release that should be out soon. I could get the IE issue to happen on my version of IE.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.