Scott W

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
benhank

Scott W

Post by benhank »

Hey man,
Prior to using NLS, I was trying to set up the elk stack for my company. It was that experience that has given me the ability to really appreciate you and your teams work. This is a really well done and polished product. It's got a clean, intuitive interface, the lil "?"'s contain good relevant and helpful info. Trust me, after working with ELK, I can see, and tell you that the features OF the ELK stack you guys chose to enhance, simplify, and make better were good choices. NLS is ot only easy to administrate, it's "way of doing thangs" makes it an easy sell to the other groups who don't know they need it yet.
I secretly call it the one ring :twisted:

I installed it the first day back to work, after the conference. Its been up 24/7, never crashed, hung or had any issues, period.
I am only collecting data from a measly 10 sources, but this includes a windows server, a laptop, some cisco routers, all 4 of my Nagios servers and a couple of apc ups's. we are up to :
16,910,661Documents
6.9GBPrimary Size
6.9GBTotal Size
1Data Instances
592Total Shards
60Indices
183 bytesSwap
2.2TBTotal Storage
2.2TBFree Storage
73.3GBData Read
1.8TBData Written
1.8TBI/O Size
and it's all running perfectly. I say all of that to say this: Frikkin awesome kudos to you and your team. NLS has opened a HUGE ginormouse number of options for my group and our enterprise.
With much appreciation respect and gratitude, Ben Hankerson
Proudly running:
NagiosXI 5.4.12 2 node Prod Env 2500 hosts, 13,000 services
Nagiosxi 5.5.7(test env) 2500 hosts, 13,000 services
Nagios Logserver 2 node Prod Env 500 objects sending
Nagios Network Analyser
Nagios Fusion
tmcdonald

Re: Scott W

Post by tmcdonald »

The collective faces of the Nagios team just blushed, ben :D
Former Nagios employee