Tuning of Nagios notifications for specific service

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
hike

Tuning of Nagios notifications for specific service

Post by hike »

Hello

I need an assistance in the following question.

I have a service running on my servers. All these servers are included in the same hostgroup
In case if this particular service is down on any one of these servers in hostgroup , then alert is triggered and mail is sent to persons in contacts group defined in service definition in Nagios

I would like to configure Nagios in such way, that in case if service is down on ServerA ( which is included in hostgroup ) , that in addition of sending mails to persons in contacts group, mail should be also sent to ContactA ( ContactA is not include in contacts group )

Thanks in advanced for any help

Hike
slansing

Re: Tuning of Nagios notifications for specific service

Post by slansing »

Well, since it would be a service level change you would have to disable notifications on that service for all of the hostgroups in the CCM. You could alternatively find the service that is assigned to that host from the Home > Hostgroups page, and then click the advanced tab and disable notifications for that service specifically there.
hike

Post by hike »

hello slansing

Thank you for reply.

Maybe I was not clear enough.
My goal it is not disabling of notifications. What I want to do, it is add more notification in case if service fails on some particular server.

Example:

define service {
host_name hostA,hostB,hostC
service_description ServiceZZZZ
check_command checkZZZ
contact_groups groupZZZ
}

I need, that if serviceZZZZ fails on hostB, then in addition of contacts in groupZZZ mail will be also sent to PersonHHH ( which is not a part of groupZZZ)
Is it possible to do using native Nagios tools ?

Thank you so much

Hike
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

I think service escalations are what you want here.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hike

Post by hike »

Hello Box293

yes sir, according the documentation I think it is indeed what I am looking for

Thank you
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Looks like this got sorted out.

I'll be closing this thread now, but feel free to open another if you need anything in the future!
Former Nagios employee