Notification command is not being called

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
kcarpenter@soleo.com

Notification command is not being called

Post by kcarpenter@soleo.com »

Hi
I'm running "Nagios Core 3.5.1" and I have started having the problem were the notification command is not being executed

Here is the debug trace when the level is set to 32 showing the "Processed notification command"

[1426786468.314493] [032.2] [pid=1742] Processed notification command: /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/custom/notify_Master.pl -a PROBLEM -b mia.ver.buscat.check_all_ntp_time -c MIA-DMEPXY224 -d 10.7.12.1 -e CRITICAL -f Thu Mar 19 13:34:28 EDT 2015 -g testing if alarms still work -h BENAG01

If I become the nagios user and execute the command by hand(cut and paste), it works.

What in the "Processing of the notification command" would prevent it from actually calling the script ?

Is there some other debug method I could use to determine why it is not being called ?

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: Notification command is not being called

Post by jdalrymple »

It looks like the notification is being processed. Why it's not actually sending the message for you I'm unsure. That is not the buitlin notify command - although I'm sure you know that. I don't even see it on the exchange so it's likely something you guys wrote in-house. You may have to add some additional debugging to that perl script to figure out why your notification isn't making it from point a to point b.

Just to help the process along - maybe you could tell us about anything that's changed in your environment lately? Nagios config changes? SMTP relay/Exchange modifications?

Also, you might look at selinux - if it's enabled it can cause strange things that should happen to not happen.
kcarpenter@soleo.com

Re: Notification command is not being called

Post by kcarpenter@soleo.com »

Thanks

selinux was the problem

Thanks again !!