Send notification only if notificationtype=PROBLEM

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
julab

Send notification only if notificationtype=PROBLEM

Post by julab »

Hello,

I would like to send a notification only in case of a problem. I don't want to send notification when it is recovery or flapping.

I tried this but it does not work :

Code: Select all

define command {
        command_name    notify-service-problem-by-email
        command_line    [ "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$" = "PROBLEM" ] && /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Service Alert: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }
Any idea ?
Thanks
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: Send notification only if notificationtype=PROBLEM

Post by jdalrymple »

Is there a reason you're not doing this in notification options:
Object Definitions wrote: notification_options:
This directive is used to determine when notifications for the service should be sent out. Valid options are a combination of one or more of the following: w = send notifications on a WARNING state, u = send notifications on an UNKNOWN state, c = send notifications on a CRITICAL state, r = send notifications on recoveries (OK state), f = send notifications when the service starts and stops flapping, and s = send notifications when scheduled downtime starts and ends. If you specify n (none) as an option, no service notifications will be sent out. If you do not specify any notification options, Nagios will assume that you want notifications to be sent out for all possible states. Example: If you specify w,r in this field, notifications will only be sent out when the service goes into a WARNING state and when it recovers from a WARNING state.
julab

Re: Send notification only if notificationtype=PROBLEM

Post by julab »

Thanks for the reply. Didn't know this trick. Works fine now.