Nagios is not monitoring Manul mode windows services

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
hpathak

Nagios is not monitoring Manul mode windows services

Post by hpathak »

Hi,

Nagios does not monitor windows service which is configured in Manual Mode startup Type, It only monitors and generates alerts for the service which are in Automatic Starts-up type.

Please assist how to monitor Windows services with Manual Mode Starts-up type.

Regards,

Harish P
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Re: Nagios is not monitoring Manul mode windows services

Post by jolson »

Using NSClient on the Windows Server in question, I am able to monitor any service that is started or stopped regardless of whether the startup type is Manual or Automatic. Can you give us some more detail about the check that you're running from Nagios? Below are a few examples that demonstrate this working for me (IEEtwCollectorService is a Manual service).

Code: Select all

[root@localhost libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H 192.168.x.x -c checkservicestate -a "IEEtwCollectorService"
OK: All services are in their appropriate state.
[root@localhost libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H 192.168.x.x -c checkservicestate -a "IEEtwCollectorService"
CRITICAL: IEEtwCollectorService: stopped (critical)
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
hpathak

Post by hpathak »

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Here is the command i am running from my Nagios server:

[root@groundworks ~]# /usr/local/groundwork/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 10.4.144.37 -c get_service -a 10.4.144.37 "MSDTC"
OK - MSDTC: Stopped and Manual

Regards,
Harish P
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

Try 'checkservicestate' out instead - will that work for you?

Code: Select all

/usr/local/groundwork/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 10.4.144.37 -c checkservicestate -a 10.4.144.37 "MSDTC"
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.