How to send a report every hour with nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Crisis66

How to send a report every hour with nagios

Post by Crisis66 »

Hello everyone, my boss want me to make a configuration for nagios. He want that every hour, nagios send like a report using email. I searched on many forum, i found that there is a page called "avaibility report" that i can send to him in pdf. However there is no report for every hour but only in day (like today, yersterday...). Can you help me?
(by the way sorry for my bad english)
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: How to send a report every hour with nagios

Post by jdalrymple »

I don't think we have what you want, however we can add a feature request if it is a desirable feature.

I'm not clear:

1) Do you want an existing report to be sent out to at a scheduled frequency of each hour?

2) Or do you want some sort of availability report that breaks things down to the hour of the day? We have something like that in our current availability report, but it doesn't break down the day by each hour.

If it is the 2nd option that you want, what do you think it should look like? Should it aggregate many days or just show the results of 1 day? What type of graph? I can submit a feature request if it sounds like a good feature, otherwise it would have to go to our sales department to get a custom quote.
Crisis66

Post by Crisis66 »

Hello, thank you for your answer.
I'm searching an existing report that can be sent at a scheduled frequency (each hour)
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

I want to be clear, is this for Nagios Core or Nagios XI? Core does not currently have scheduled reporting functionality.
Former Nagios employee
Crisis66

Post by Crisis66 »

i use nagios4.1.0rc1 version
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

For this functionality, your best bet would be to upgrade to Nagios XI. In addition to a bunch of other features, you'd get scheduled reporting built-in.

That being said, have you checked the exchange for any plugins that might suit your needs? https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Addons/Reporting

This one looks promising: https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/A ... df/details
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
Crisis66

Post by Crisis66 »

Thank you for your advice, i will think about it. This plugin look great I will see if it work. Thank you a lot
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

No problem - let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.