AIX Memory Utilization

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
raamardhani7

AIX Memory Utilization

Post by raamardhani7 »

Hi Team,

Can someone help me with the plugin that I can use for getting the Memory utilization for a AIX server which can omit cache memory
I should only give me the data of iowait and user, but it should not include the cache. Please help me with this. thanks.
mcapra

Re: AIX Memory Utilization

Post by mcapra »

How are you currently monitoring this server? Are you using NRPE? What check command/plugin are you using to check the AIX machine's memory?
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
raamardhani7

Post by raamardhani7 »

mcapra wrote:How are you currently monitoring this server? Are you using NRPE? What check command/plugin are you using to check the AIX machine's memory?
Hi Mcapra,

We are currently monitoring this server using NRPE. check_memory.pl plugin is being used and it is reporting the entire memory usage. we are not keen into FS cache memory.

Code: Select all

./check_mem -w 90 -c 70 -f
CRITICAL - 33.9% (4261900 kB) free!|TOTAL=12582912KB;;;; USED=8321012KB;1258291;3774873;; FREE=4261900KB;;;; CACHES=5575352KB;;;;

Code: Select all

check_mem.pl v1.0 - Nagios Plugin

usage:
 check_mem.pl -<f|u> -w <warnlevel> -c <critlevel>

options:
 -f           Check FREE memory
 -u           Check USED memory
 -C           Count OS caches as FREE memory
 -w PERCENT   Percent free/used when to warn
 -c PERCENT   Percent free/used when critical

Copyright (C) 2000 Dan Larsson <dl@tyfon.net>
check_mem.pl comes with absolutely NO WARRANTY either implied or explicit
This program is licensed under the terms of the
MIT License (check source code for details)
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

You'd probably have to modify the plugin and remove the FS cached memory from the perfdata output. Otherwise if all you care about is the cached memory not showing up on a graph, you can always toggle off specific metrics by clicking them:
2017_02_23_17_00_53_Nagios_XI.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/