nagios compability issue.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
s.wiki

nagios compability issue.

Post by s.wiki »

Hi ,
In my environment we need to install trend micro deep security agent(ds_agent).
After the trendmicro vendor load the module, my nagios server utilization became high and was force to restart.
I would like to know is the trendmicro deepsecurity compatible with nagios ?

OS= rhel6.5
nagios 5.4.0
DSM 9.5.2456

Kindly advise.

Thanks
mcapra

Re: nagios compability issue.

Post by mcapra »

You might also want to contact Trend Micro regarding this. I would expect that if the ds_agent is attempting to do in-depth process monitoring, it might have it's work cut out for it when attempting to monitor the entirety of Nagios XI.

Do you have measurements of what, if any, processes are experiencing increased resource usage when ds_agent is running?
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

s.wiki wrote:Hi ,
In my environment we need to install trend micro deep security agent(ds_agent).
After the trendmicro vendor load the module, my nagios server utilization became high and was force to restart.
I would like to know is the trendmicro deepsecurity compatible with nagios ?

OS= rhel6.5
nagios 5.4.0
DSM 9.5.2456

Kindly advise.

Thanks
I have not heard of the problem, however if it happened right after loading their module, it sounds like a problem with their module, and I would contact the vendor.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
s.wiki

Post by s.wiki »

Hi Guys,
Thank you for your reply, I did contacted to trendmicro but I think it is better with both side.
Do you have measurements of what, if any, processes are experiencing increased resource usage when ds_agent is running?
All check_nwc_health plugin became "D" status in top and then CPU average load increases, and I could not see further information as the server was hung.
Could it be the compatibility issue between trendmicro and the plugin?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

s.wiki wrote:All check_nwc_health plugin became "D" status in top and then CPU average load increases, and I could not see further information as the server was hung.
It's possible. Or it was a problem with the installation of the module (could even be the machine ran out of memory ) After you reset the machine did the system resume properly?
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
s.wiki

Post by s.wiki »

scottwilkerson wrote:
s.wiki wrote:All check_nwc_health plugin became "D" status in top and then CPU average load increases, and I could not see further information as the server was hung.
It's possible. Or it was a problem with the installation of the module (could even be the machine ran out of memory ) After you reset the machine did the system resume properly?
I had to chkconfig ds_agent off before reset the machine, else the server will be very slow during boot up.
s.wiki

Post by s.wiki »

Hi,
If i were to ask the trendmicro to whiltelist/exclude nagios plugin from their scanning. May I know which path/directory I have to ask them to exclude

Thanks
bolson

Post by bolson »

Hello s.wiki,

exclude /usr/local/nagios/libexec and (perhaps) /usr/local/nagios/bin and /usr/local/nagios/sbin

Perhaps easier to simply exclude "/usr/local/nagios" recursively

Let us know if this resolves your issue.