It's possible to create hostname with another language?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dimsum

It's possible to create hostname with another language?

Post by dimsum »

Hi,

I have a question about the hostname. It's possible to use another language e.g. Thai? I cannot be use in the wizard portal, but I could change after added the host. But I need to add Thai in a wizard for the first step. Can I change something like a hardcode in XI?

PS. How can I setting XI read out correct format? I was rename hostname to Thai but in "host status detail" cannot read in connect to menu see my attached file.

Please advise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: It's possible to create hostname with another language?

Post by dwhitfield »

Step 1: update your wizards. Please go to http://YOURSERVER/nagiosxi/admin/configwizards.php (change YOURSERVER to the actual address). Click on "Check for Updates". Wait for it to finish. Click on "Install Updates". See if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Go to the wizard in question. Attempt to add your host. Then, if it errors, PM me your profile. You can download the profile by going to Admin > System Config > System Profile and click the ***Download Profile*** button towards the top. If for whatever reason you *cannot* download the profile, please put the output of View System Info (5.3.4+, Show Profile if older) in the thread (that will at least get us some info). This will give us access to many of the logs we would otherwise ask for individually. If security is a concern, you can unzip the profile take out what you like, and then zip it up again. We may end up needing something you remove, but we can ask for that specifically.

You can also generate a profile manually using the script at /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/profile/getprofile.sh

That should generate a profile in /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/components/ which you can get off the server with an application such as FileZilla.

After you PM the profile, please update this thread. Updating this thread is the only way for it to show back up on our dashboard.

UPDATE: Profile shared with techs
Last edited by dwhitfield on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pm received
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

I try to update all plugin but it doesn't work.

Thank you.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

I have filed a feature request for this. The issue is certain wizards do not use UTF-8.

As it turns out, the developers are aware of the issue and are updating the wizards as they come across the issue. If you'd like to leave a list of specific wizards where you are seeing this, that would be helpful.
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

I need to use a network and switch monitoring in UTF-8 it's mainly in this's time.

Thank you.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

I let the developers know. Please let us know if you find any more issues.
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

Hi,

I found report when print out it's not support UTF-8. In Availability report view is work but when print out to pdf or any it doesn't for UTF-8.

Look at my screenshot.

Please help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

It appears you are on an old version of XI. Please update to the latest and test again, so that I can file a bug report.

Does the XI server have access to the Internet? If so, take a look at https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... nstall.pdf

If not, you'll need to use the repos at repo.nagios.com