Nagios Fusion user rights

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
hbouma

Nagios Fusion user rights

Post by hbouma »

When using Nagios Fusion, if a user is setup via API or through AD/LDAP import, the user seems to be able to see all alerts for all servers, even if the user account on the Nagios XI box doesn't allow them the ability to see the alerts.

Test 1:

User imported from AD to Fusion and 5 Nagios XI boxes.
User is administrator in Fusion and 4 of the 5 Nagios boxes.

User logs into Fusion with their AD account. The Tactical Summary, Recent Alerts and the Open Host/Services Problems shows all alerts from all servers.

Test 2:
Local user created on 1 of the 5 Nagios XI servers and on the Nagios Fusion server. User has user permissions on both Fusion and 1 XI box. User does not exist on other 4 XI boxes.
User logs in to Nagios Fusion and sees all alerts for all servers.

If the user settings are changed by an administrator to use "Server User mapping" then the user sees only the alerts they are suppose to see.

Is there some setting that will limit what a user sees by default based on what their matching ID has previleges to see on the XI server? I ask because we have over 250 users to create in Fusion and it will be an issue if we have to manually edit each user to setup their Nagios XI permissions.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Nagios Fusion user rights

Post by lmiltchev »

Currently, there is no way to set server user mapping via the REST API in Nagios Fusion. This would be a good feature request candidate. You can either map your users manually, in the GUI or try using a mysql command, e.g.

Code: Select all

echo "INSERT INTO users_servers (user_id, server_id, type, enabled, username) VALUES (<user_id>, <server_id>, 1, <username>);" | mysql -uroot -pfusion fusion
where you substitute <user_id>, <server_id>, and <username> with the actual values. Example:

Code: Select all

echo "INSERT INTO users_servers (user_id, server_id, type, enabled, username) VALUES ('2', '9', 'ad', 1, 'test');" | mysql -t -uroot -pfusion fusion
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Thank you. This worked for me.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Great! I am glad I could help! I am locking this topic.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!