Nagios Notification and acknowledgement

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
emartine

Nagios Notification and acknowledgement

Post by emartine »

I am not sure if i've brought this up or not but.. over time folks in our organization acknowledge problems in Nagios and disable notifications for a service and they never clean it up. They stay there forever. I'd like to remove those acknowledgements and also enable notifications for those services so they can be reviewed again. Is there any way to do this in bulk?
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Nagios Notification and acknowledgement

Post by ssax »

Are they listed in Home > Acknowledgements? There isn't a bulk tool for this though but you can use that page to remove them.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@emartine, You could also try running through the following commands to reset all acknowledgments on the system.
service nagios stop
sed -i 's/problem_has_been_acknowledged=1/problem_has_been_acknowledged=0/g' /usr/local/nagios/var/retention.dat
service nagios start
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
emartine

Post by emartine »

A feature request to get rid of acknowledgements in bulk/selectively would be great.
I have over 60 of them. Doing them one at a time is a nightmare.

Running through

sed -i 's/problem_has_been_acknowledged=1/problem_has_been_acknowledged=0/g' /usr/local/nagios/var/retention.dat

will probably cause Downtime acknowledgements to be removed as well?
How about disabled notifications?
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@emartine, My script will not remove scheduled downtime. It only gets rid of the acknowledgments. And you can re-enable all notifications at once using the Bulk Modifications Tool. Also, I'm not sure on purpose of disabling notifications if the problem has already been acknowledged?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.