Fusion database lock issue

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
hbouma

Re: Fusion database lock issue

Post by hbouma »

Files sent in PM
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks. I received the files and shared them with the other Techs.

The only thing I found in the logs is a lot of failed authentication checks.
One of the accounts that is used to authentication to the Nagios servers is failing so can you find the server that is having the issue and fix the login issue?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

I have looked through the passwords and tested them. It is complaining about 3 servers passwords. Each password entered is correct, but the tests don't work. My guess is that the failures are due to the special characters in the password. They all contain a #.

Is fusion unable to handle a password that has a #, and if so, do I need to update any Nagios files if I change the administrative password? Are there any other characters that Fusion cannot handle in the password that Nagios XI can handle?
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

I asked about ant limitation on using special characters and the developers say they should work.
I did some testing and it seems that the issue seems to be with the "Test Fusion Settings" button
I added a # to one of the passwords and the Test button failed but the polling seemed to work.

I'll put in a Bug Fix for the test button but make sure you update the username, password and the Fusekey for those servers.

Another thing I saw is that the URL for some of the servers on the Fusion server were missing the trailing / . Update those as well.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Ok, I updated all the URL's to have the trailing /. We will have to wait and see what happens with the database.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

What is happening is that the polling scripts that are run by cron are not exiting which is using up the memory.
Then when the kernel detects that the memory is getting tight, the Out of Memory killer goes and kills of the MYSQL server to free up memory so the system can continue to run.
I haven't found the errors that are causing the pollers to not exit so we may need to wait until it happens again.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Is there something I should turn on to help capture some additional information if this happens again?
martinnick

Post by martinnick »

Just to elaborate on the initial posting. This issue appears to be similar, (if not the very same) to a previous problem discussed in https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 17&t=50159 and subsequently worked with by one of the support engineers on ticket #100103 which was re-opened for that purpose. A Fusion component addon was ultimately supplied as part of the resolution after a few remote sessions with the engineer.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Can you login to the Fusion server and go to the Admin > Manage Components menu, provide a screen capture of it and post it here?
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Try this, go the Admin > Manage Components menu and upload this zip file to the Fusion server.

Then let the system run for about an hour and run this command as root and post the output to the ticket.

Code: Select all

ps -ef --cols=300
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.