Dashboard issuse Fusion 4.1.5

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
elade

Re: Dashboard issuse Fusion 4.1.5

Post by elade »

How I will be updated?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

You don't need to upgrade your Fusion instance in order to upgrade the component (Network Operations Center). You can periodically go to the "Manage Components" page (Admin > System Extensions > Manage Components), and check for updates by clicking on the "Check for Updates" button. If you see a new version of the NOC component, install it. This will fix your issue. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
elade

Post by elade »

Hi,

There is any update?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Have you checked for updates under the "Manage Components" page? You should be able to update the "Network Operations Center" to the latest version available.

Note: You can see if there is a new version of the component, by clicking on the "Check for Updates" button.
example01.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elade

Post by elade »

Hi lmiltchev,

I have update the file but still I have the same issue.
Maybe i haven't explained myself.
In the Open service problems dashboard I want see only the alerts which are critical, warning and unknown.
When a host is down I can see all in the open service problems dashboard that all his services are down also.
That make my screen a big mass.
I want to show only the host if it’s down and not all the his services in the dashboard.
Also when a service is in acknowledge the alerts are not disappear from the dashboard which is something I need.

There is any solution?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

In the Open service problems dashboard I want see only the alerts which are critical, warning and unknown.
This is what you should be seeing... Under the "Open Service Problem" section, you should be seeing services in a non-OK state, and the hosts that these services are added to. Are you seeing something else? Can you show us a screenshot of the problem?
I want to show only the host if it’s down and not all the his services in the dashboard.
If the host is down (and it's listed under the "Open Host Problems" section), the services on this host, that are in a non-OK state are NOT shown (shouldn't be shown) under the "Open Service Problems" section.
Also when a service is in acknowledge the alerts are not disappear from the dashboard which is something I need.
Have you tried selecting the "Show Unhandled" from the drop-down menu? This should show only unhandled problems. The acknowledged problems will be shown only if you select "Show Acknowledged" or "Show All".
example01.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elade

Post by elade »

Hi lmiltchev,

I'm not using the Network Operations Center as my main screen.
I have created a new dashboard which shows the following:
Open Host Problems
Open Problems Summary
Open Service Problems
Fusion Subsystem status
Fusion Server State

When a Host is down than I can see it in Open Host Problems and all his services which are down in Open Service Problems.
I need that in dashboard if a host is down to see only that the host is down and not host and his all services are in critical.
There is any way that I will see only that the host is down in the dashboard (in Open Host Problems) and not the host with all his services (15 alerts 1 host in Open Host Problems and 14 in Service Problems) ?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

hen a Host is down than I can see it in Open Host Problems and all his services which are down in Open Service Problems.
There is no filter in Fusion at this time that would hide services that are in a non-OK state, when the host is down. Sometimes, the host check may fail for some reason, e.g. icmp requests being blocked, but the host could be actually up. In this case, you would really want to know if the services are in a non-OK state, and not hide them in Fusion.

Having said that, one thing you could do as a "workaround" is to acknowledge the service problems in Nagios XI. You could do this in bulk via the "Mass Acknowledge" tool. Then, you could configure the "Open Service Problems" dashlet in Fusion to show only "Unhandled" problems.
example01.PNG
This way, the acknowledged problems won't be shown under the "Open Service Problems".
elade

Post by elade »

Hi lmiltchev,

I already did it in my dashboard and it didn’t changed anything.
I’ll will find a solution.
You can close the ticket.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I already did it in my dashboard and it didn’t changed anything.
This is strange - this option works for us "as expected". Are you waiting long enough for the new data to be polled? What is your global polling interval set at under the "System Settings" page ("Data & Polling")?

I had 30+ problems shown in the "Open Service Problems" dashlet in Fusion for one of the fused XI servers. I "mass acknowleged" all of the problems on the XI box. After 30 seconds (the value of my global polling interval), the problems all disappeared from the "Open Service Problems" dashlet in Fusion.
example01.PNG
You can close the ticket.
I can surely do that but just want to make sure that your issue is resolved.