Fusion 4.1.5 Unable to show polled data from one XI Server

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
michal.nastaly

Fusion 4.1.5 Unable to show polled data from one XI Server

Post by michal.nastaly »

Hi,

This morning our Nagios Fusion server is unable to display data from a single XI server.
The other 'fused' servers are working correctly and pressing "test connection" works to the XI server.
Nagios is working fine on the XI server when I go to it, but still fusion is unable to load data for that server.

Where do I begin troubleshooting this issue? Is there a log for each fused server I can view?

thanks
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Fusion 4.1.5 Unable to show polled data from one XI Serv

Post by tgriep »

The following example is a command you can run as root on the Fusion server to see if it can connect to the remote Nagios server using the fusekey.
Run the following replacing the nagiosxiserver with the XI server's host name and the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the fusion key.

Code: Select all

curl -XGET https://nagiosxiserver/nagiosxi/api/v1/system/status?fusekey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -k -v
Post the output to the ticket.

This should display the error when connecting to the XI server.

Most of the issues I have seen for this are SSL configuration errors for the Apache Web server running on the XI server.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
michal.nastaly

Post by michal.nastaly »

Morning,

thanks for the response here is the output:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
michal.nastaly

Post by michal.nastaly »

Hello,

I have just noticed we are only communicating on HTTP so the Certificate is irrelevant at the moment.

Its saying in the screenshot i have posted that the URL was not found, can you confirm its correct?

thanks
michal.nastaly

Post by michal.nastaly »

This has suddenly started working, are there any logs we can view so we can build a timeline of events? i.e. what response we were getting and then what time it started working again?

thanks
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

One place to check when the authentications started to work are the Fusion Logs in the /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log folder.
Take a look in the following files to see when the authentications started to work

Code: Select all

auth_subsys.log
poll_subsys.*
Another place to look at is the Apache log files on the Nagios XI server in the /var/log/httpd folder.
Search for the keyword fusekey and you might see more details there.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!