Getting alerts in Fusion from remote XI

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
elade

Re: Getting alerts in Fusion from remote XI

Post by elade »

Hi,

The problem is not in the XI server since it locate in remote and disconnect environment.
I pass all the alerts using an API from the XI to my local machine (linux).
I’m trying to connect that local machine to Fusion.

Is it possible ?
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Yes, you should be able to connect the local XI server to the local Fusion server.

I think there is some confusion on which server that is causing the issue and I want to verify your environment.

From what you described, you have a remote XI server that is sending it's status information to a Local XI server, correct?
Is the status from the remote server getting to the local server and updating?

The issue is that you are trying to setup the local XI server in Fusion and that is causing the authentication issue, correct?

The curl command I posted earlier uses the fusekey to authenticate to the XI server and it should of been ran against the local XI server.
If you did run it against the local server and it generated those SSL errors, then the issue is with the SSL settings on the Local XI server.
If you did not run the curl command against the local XI server, please try again.

When I run the curl command on my Fusion server to my XI server with the following command.

Code: Select all

curl -XGET https://192.168.112.129/nagiosxi/api/v1/system/status?fusekey=7B0D0E4BE26281B56012AD97E6F5641D -k
It should retrieve the following status information from the XI server.

Code: Select all

{"instance_id":"1","instance_name":"localhost","status_update_time":"2019-01-22 10:05:30","program_start_time":"2019-01-22 05:00:06","program_run_time":"18328","program_end_time":"0000-00-00 00:00:00","is_currently_running":"1","process_id":"25900","daemon_mode":"1","last_command_check":"1969-12-31 18:00:00","last_log_rotation":"1969-12-31 18:00:00","notifications_enabled":"0","active_service_checks_enabled":"1","passive_service_checks_enabled":"1","active_host_checks_enabled":"1","passive_host_checks_enabled":"1","event_handlers_enabled":"1","flap_detection_enabled":"0","process_performance_data":"1","obsess_over_hosts":"0","obsess_over_services":"0","modified_host_attributes":"1","modified_service_attributes":"1","global_host_event_handler":"xi_host_event_handler","global_service_event_handler":"xi_service_event_handler"}
If you do not get the status, then you will have to look at the Apache Error logs on the local XI server for any errors.
The Apache log files are in the /var/log/httpd folder.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
elade

Post by elade »

Hi tgriep ,

I have a remote XI which locate in disconnect environment.
I’m passing all the alerts using the API to a Linux machine which is not XI just clean Ubuntu 16.04.
I’m trying to connect that local Linux machine to fusion so I can see the alerts.
Basically I want that the fusion will show the alerts from the local machine which is again no local XI just Ubuntu.
Can it be done?
Can the fusion read the alerts from Linux machine which has no XI running on it?
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks for clearing up what you are trying to do.
Sorry, Fusion can only connect to Nagios XI, Core and Logserver so unless you create a local XI server, you will not be able to get the Alerts from that remote server.
elade

Post by elade »

Than how can I use Nagios for disconnect environments?
I can’t pass the alerts to fusion directly.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Without some sort of server that Fusion can connect to, there is not a way to do this.
Fusion only polls the Nagios XI, Core servers to gather the information, it cannot have data sent to it.
elade

Post by elade »

Hi,

You can close the topic please.