ServiceNow visual taskboard display problem

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
jenstar13

ServiceNow visual taskboard display problem

Post by jenstar13 »

Hi,
I'm trying to display a service now vtb in a fusion view. All I get is a blank screen, so i went and turned on the fusion logs, but they never moved when i clicked on the view that has the service now url.
Do you have a way for me to view the error that is happening when fusin tried to view the service now share link?

I tried looking in the Service now forums with no luck

Thank you in advance
Jen
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: ServiceNow visual taskboard display problem

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @jenstar13. How are you importing the Service Now URL to the Fusion Dashboard? Are you using a custom URL component? That dashlet uses an iframe to display another page and many websites restrict iFrame access.
One way you could troubleshoot this is by right-clicking on the empty dashboard and choosing the "inspect" option in Chrome, then click on the Console tab and you should see some errors in red.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
jenstar13

Post by jenstar13 »

thank you, that helped
I opened a ticket with them to see if the Xfram option could be turned off
the error in case you were wondering was
/nagiosfusion/views/#:1 Refused to display 'https://xxxxxl.service-now.com/auth_red ... sparm_url= <snipped code > in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

you can close the ticket, and thank you for your help
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@jenstar13, Yeah, X-Frame-Options' -> 'sameorigin' would be the reason for this issue. Thanks for updating us!
I will be closing this thread for now.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.