Assist with changing reports' recipient information...

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
PhilG

Assist with changing reports' recipient information...

Post by PhilG »

Hello:
One of my colleagues, who did some Nagios XI work, too, was let go here at work recently. I was asked to remove his account in Nagios XI.
After I removed his Nagios XI User account (but not his Nagios XI Contact account), I noted that his account was associated with some UPS APC checks (which I need to figure out and reconfigure), and, more importantly, 3 reports:
1). Firewall SLA Report
2). Firewall Availability Report
3). Firewall summary report
Where do I modify/change these so they no longer go to him and to a new recipient?
Thank you in advance for your assistance. I may need assistance later with the other checks, too.
Newbie '14
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Assist with changing reports' recipient information...

Post by ssax »

I would go to Configure > Core Config Manager > Contacts:
- Click the little blue circle with the i in it on the far right of the contact to view the contacts relationships, then click the services tab and it should show you the services they are associated with.

If you need help, please send me a copy of your profile so that we can see how you have it configured, you can download it from Admin > System Profile > Download Profile and upload it to the ticket by clicking the "choose item" link at the bottom of the menu.​ Make sure to wait until the file is finished uploading before clicking the Post Reply button.

We those reports created as his user or as the nagiosadmin user? You will need to login as the person who scheduled the reports and adjust who they are send to under Reports > My Scheduled Reports OR if you're running the latest version you can login as an Admin and use Reports > Report Management > Scheduled Reports.

You can also check this file:

Code: Select all

cat /var/spool/cron/apache
PhilG

Post by PhilG »

Hello, ssax:
Thanks for the response.

We are running Nagios XI 5.4.13, so will need to upgrade soon to get the new "Reports - Report Management - Scheduled Reports" menu options.

The reports were created by the User account, as noted by his username found in "/var/spool/cron/apache" (NOTE: I have edited out account name and substituted with "<first.last>"), below. As I mentioned previously, I have already deleted his Nagios XI User account (which was added via LDAP/AD), not his associated Nagios XI Contact. If I change his Username in "/var/spool/cron/apache" with mine (I have a Nagios XI Username configured) will I need to restart anything, and will the Reports associate with me now?
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=kltnb5 --username=<first.last> > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=ielc6e --username=<first.last> > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=opqdtp --username=<first.last> > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=opqdtp --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=ielc6e --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=kltnb5 --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 * * 1 /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=OnTY8Z --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1

I have identified his Contact Object relationships:
2 Command
19 Hosttemplates
31 Servicetemplates

Additionally, I would not be comfortable with providing our profile settings via an attachment to this forum and would rather send the information "offline" to you and/or different tech support person.

Thank you.
Newbie '14
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=kltnb5 --username=<first.last> > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=ielc6e --username=<first.last> > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=opqdtp --username=<first.last> > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=opqdtp --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=ielc6e --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 1 * * /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=kltnb5 --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1
0 9 * * 1 /usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/scheduledreporting/sendreport.php --report=OnTY8Z --username="<first.last>" > /dev/null 2>&1

The problem is that I'm pretty sure if you delete the user the report would be deleted as well so changing the username may work but the report ID will not likely match (I'll need to look at the code to confirm this), I wouldn't change it yet.

You can provide your profile to get help via any method you choose. Send me a link though PM or we can just continue troubleshooting blindly.
PhilG

Post by PhilG »

Hello:
I'm sorry I never got back to you - I forgot about this post!
However, I do have an update. I was able to identify the reports under the user's account, document them, recreate them, and then deleted the user who doesn't work for us any longer.
You may freeze this post.
Newbie '14
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@PhilG, Thanks for updating us. I'm going to lock this thread for now.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.