Fusion Dashlet Enhancement Request

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
DFaught

Fusion Dashlet Enhancement Request

Post by DFaught »

From what I can see, it looks like the "Fused Server Stats" dashlet in Fusion 4.1.2 checks that the Fusion server can authenticate to each of the fused servers. Based on the name of the dashlet, I would expect that this dashlet would actually check something like the XI System Status of each of the fused servers. Can that be done please?

Thank you!
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Fusion Dashlet Enhancement Request

Post by cdienger »

Another option would be to add the "Custom URL" dashlet and point it at an XI page like http://XI_IP/nagiosxi/admin/sysstat.php?pageopt=monitoringengine. Does this get you the information you'd expect?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
DFaught

Post by DFaught »

Yes, that works. Thank you. That will solve the immediate issue.

But then I need to build a dashboard with several dashlets that I have to keep up to date as fused servers change, instead of just having one dashlet that is always in sync with which servers are fused.

And I also have to authenticate to each of the XI servers instead of using the Fusion key authentication. Workable but not preferable.

Actually after trying this, it does not work. Not sure exactly why but I just get a blank dashlet. Tried the URL in a new browser tab to validate it and it works fine after logging in. But not in the dashlet.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Thanks for the feedback. I've filed a feature request for this. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the discretion of our development team.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
DFaught

Post by DFaught »

Just to be clear, this is what I'm looking for:

We currently have 18 Nagios XI servers split across 2 Fusion servers. Lately we have had a rash of Database Backend going Red issues.
It is a pain to go log into each XI server to see if this condition is occurring. Ideally there would be a Fusion dashlet that would show
for all of the "fused" servers something like the nice single little System Status icon that is at the top right of the XI screens next to the login.
The Fused Server Status dashlet that is available looks like what we need, but does not actually reflect the System Status from each of the
fused servers. If it did that it would be awesome.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

If you haven't already, you may want to take a look at https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Server.pdf which covers how to monitor a XI server(including making sure the database backend is running). This way you can get notifications if the database backend or other deamons go do and also see it in Fusion.