Help with alerts for service

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Help with alerts for service

Postby alex3105 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Good afternoon,

I have the notifications configured and these arrive for my host that are down, recover and even for some services. My query is within all my monitored computers I have Windows servers which I want to be alert only when I have little disk space (ie notifications w or c)

With the configuration that I have when adding this change in service_notification_options within contacts, I receive enough notifications (but as I have switches, notifications are abundant).

Could you tell me how to do the notifications w or c only for the services of a specific host

Best Regards
Attachments
windows.cfg
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
templates.cfg
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
contacts.cfg
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
alex3105

Re: Help with alerts for service

Postby cdienger » Fri May 17, 2019 3:58 pm

You can exclude certain hosts from inheriting services from a group by defining the services with the "host_name" and "!" operator. See "Excluding Hosts" section of https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ricks.html:

Code: Select all
define service {
    host_name                 HOST1,HOST2,!HOST3,!HOST4,...,HOSTN
    hostgroup_name            HOSTGROUP1,HOSTGROUP2,!HOSTGROUP3,!HOSTGROUP4,...,HOSTGROUPN
    service_description       SOMESERVICE
    other service directives ...
}
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cdienger
Support Tech

Return to Nagios Core