prepend user prefix before NagiosXI backup filename

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
zaji_nms

prepend user prefix before NagiosXI backup filename

Post by zaji_nms »

Dear Expert

currently when there is backup, the file looks like (naming) : nagiosxi.1234567890.tar.gz

there should be some prefix as per user choice

initially you allow just hard coded text, put before the file and should be as below (new backup file adding prefix : Fiber_Links_)

Fiber_Links_nagiosxi.1234567890.tar.gz

later on you can give choice to add time-stamp (dd-mmm-yy-HH-MM) so its very easy for admin to know the backup type with date and time.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: prepend user prefix before NagiosXI backup filename

Post by scottwilkerson »

If you are looking at the Local Backup Archives you can change the name and the number you are seeing is the unix timestamp the backup was made
https://www.epochconverter.com/
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
zaji_nms

Post by zaji_nms »

Dear scottwilkerson

as NagiosXI backup is auto , we also do SCP from production to our backup server, is auto too , so little customization is value added.

if you go through our Post/Thread (sure u don't have time), you will find many our customization (some with help of Nagios Support Team and some by our own trial and error).

sure little customization, will be plus points to NagiosXI , nothing urgent, but you can say its our love to NagiosXI and wants better and better, when I will move to other organization, I have to work less as NagiosXI providing all the customization we have done in this current organization with big time consuming.

regards
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

I totally understand.

I will add a feature request to see about adding this to auto backups.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com